Special measures update, following the Government announcement that lockdown is being eased step by step, we are moving to step 4 on Monday 19th July, however LCC have asked us to continue using ‘Eventbrite‘ for booking for the time being. We will post more updates here, and/ or by e-mail If you wish to be included or need more info, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember, if you have a Fever or other Covid 19 symptoms, please avoid that ride, if you have symptoms after a ride do please let me know so that I can warn others to Isolate themselves as a precaution.
Local Sunday rides (Bread Pudding Rides) usually start at 10:30am in Kingston Market Place unless stated otherwise. They are leisure rides for pleasure – about 30 miles long – not training sessions. Usually we finish about 4:00-5.00pm. We often use bridleways and towpaths, and we try to avoid busy roads, so hybrid, Gravel, or touring bikes are best.
Midweek rides, similar to local rides as above, start from the Market place, 10.30am, unless stated otherwise. Once a Month, usually on a Wednesday.
Challenge rides start at 10:00am and they may have a faster pace and often include hillier terrain, often 40 plus Miles, sometimes with an alternative meeting point.
Two-part rides are two seperate rides, both starting at the Market Place. Part 1 (starting at 10.30am) includes a lunch stop, then returns to Kingston. Part 2 (starting around 2.00pm) follows a different route and has a tea stop. And you can also have a slice of John’s famous bread pudding!
Evening rides are shortest, starting from the market place at 7:30pm, with a pub stop, returning to Kingston by 10:30pm. Only 10-15 miles but please don’t forget lights!
Please remember to bring a spare tube for your Bike, just in case you get a visit from the ‘P fairy’.
You can see where we have been on previous rides and look at KCC’s archives.
Sunday 24th October, local ride to Pimlico, 10.30am start, Fountain Roundabout, New Malden, KT3 4ES. To book a place: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bread-pudding-ride-to-pimlico-tickets-194699721107
Sunday 14th November 2 Part ride, 10.30am & 2.10pm start
Wednesday 17th November, Midweek ride, 10.30am start
Sunday 28th November, local ride, 10.30am start.
Sunday 12th December, Christmas special ride, 10.30am start
Last updated 19/10/2021 RM
On the ride
The social rides are fun but please note:
- Each participant is wholly responsible for legal requirements to abide by the Highway Code, as well as the Road Traffic Act 1988 , and obviously this includes stopping at red lights
- Each participant is wholly responsible for their own safety, the roadworthiness of their bike, and any insurance(s) the individual feels necessary
- Please remember during the Covid pandemic to maintain Social distancing of at least 1 Metre. Please let the leader know if you feel feverish, or have other Covid 19 Symptoms. All rides will need to be booked in advance via ‘Eventbrite‘, a link will be added for each ride once details are finalised.
- Always bring a spare inner tube and remember lights for all evening and Winter rides
- Follow the ride leader/marshal’s instructions or you might get lost!
- We ride individually not as a unit. Participants must check the road for themselves as though they were riding alone. Do not rely on the ride leader/marshals to think for you
- Tell the ride leader if you are leaving the ride early (so that we don’t end up searching for you!)
- Advise the ride leader of any medical conditions that might be important if you have an accident
- Hybrid or touring bikes are ideal for our rides. You can bring a mountain bike but you’ll work harder on tarmac. If you bring a thin-tyred racing bike you need good bike handling skills, as we use bridleways and towpaths, which can be muddy, particularly in Winter
- Children, accompanied by a responsible adult, are welcome, particularly on the shorter half-day rides. However we cannot accept unaccompanied under 18s, on our rides, ‘Vulnerable Adults’, will also need to be accompanied, as per the LCC Safeguarding policy.
- Our ride leader and marshals are all unpaid volunteers